Well the first result of the polls is that I really dislike the polling site memedex.com. I wish wp-polls would work, but it does not right now for my blog. Oh well.
Ok, with regards to the second poll first, the question was “If you have a 3DConnexion 3D mouse, did you…?”
- …buy it yourself (55 votes)
- …get it through your company (49 votes)
- …win it in a contest (14 votes)
- …receive it as a gift from 3DConnexion (8 votes)
- …steal it (3 votes)
So, it looks like most users either buy own 3d mouse, or their company bought it for them to use. I am surprized at the number of people who have bought these devices for themselves. I guess that says something about the usefulness of such devices.
Something that isn’t really a surprize, but worthy of mention is that 3 people actually admitted to stealing or otherwise obtaining one through some nefarious means. I added this option to the poll almost as a joke, but I knew someone would come forward, so it was a legit option. You 3 thieves! ::shakes fist:: 😉
“Do you use a 3D mouse with your 3D CAD application?” The answers to this poll are skewed. By a wide margin, responders stated they used 3d mice. This was kinda expected since the title of the article naturally drew in such users and likely precluded many of those not interested in 3D mice. Regardless, here are the results.
- Yes, everytime I use 3D CAD. (75 votes)
- No, but I want to. (26 votes)
- I have one, but I rarely use it, if at all. (21 votes)
- No, and I don’t want to. (17 votes)
- Yes, often or sometimes. (12 votes)
- No, what’s a 3D mouse? (9 votes)