The results are in for the SolidWorks Drawing ER Blitz by Dwight Livingston. He listed the results in order of popularity. Here are the topic five.
- 60% Provide hole callouts for holes in non-planar surfaces.
- 59% Greatly reduce drawing user interface delays.
- 55% Provide the ability to item balloon sub assemblies that are inserted after the BOM is created using the Top assembly, ie 3.9 from BOM in a separate sub assembly.
- 54% Provide option in view properties window to add view title and/or view scale to view.
- 54% Create ability to combine multiple identical hole callouts in a single callout with a combined quantity.
It surprizes me a little that the view title/scale issue is in the top five. That’s why we vote, though! The top five seems to be a list that spreads across several difference topics, with a bias towards hole callouts. In general, the list seems to put a higher priority for dimensioning and more ability to control tables. It seems to put a lower priority of symbol functionality and handling. There is a common complaint that broken views cannot be added to detail views. For whatever reason, this appears low on the list.
The list is a bit surprizing. Of particular note, very few items even got a majority vote.
One thought on “Drawing ER Blitz results are in”
The view title/scale property was one of my top ones! It’s a small thing, but it should be so simple…
That is one of the small and simple drawing features from Inventor that I really miss…