The top ten Drawings specific ideas submitted to SolidWorks World 2013 Top Ten list were heavily focused on dimensions and drawing views.
SolidWorks World 2013 Top Ten Drawings Ideas
- Create auxiliary line for dimensioning angles – Implemented in SW2015
- Perimeter Dimension or Total Length Dimension
- Allow mirroring of drawing views in the drawing
- Isometric view break
- Ability to create half dimensions (Option to change any dimension line to foreshortened)
- On drawings, zoom to fit should ignore view bounding boxes – Implemented in SW2015
- Don’t re-size center marks with scale of drawing view or sheet
- Ability to create Alternate position view on sectioned/broken-out section view
- Make an easy interface to modify format of hole callouts (without having to edit calloutformat.txt)
- Projected view of a break view should have option ‘align breaks with parent’ enabled by default
As of SOLIDWORKS 2015, the implementation for the SWW13 list is 20%. Create auxiliary line for dimensioning angles was the only Drawings idea to get onto the official SolidWorks World 2013 Top Ten list.
Voting is now open on the current SOLIDWORKS World 2015 Top Ten list. Vote on as many ideas as you wish! Just remember, you have to logon to see the ideas and vote for them.
One thought on “Drawings Top Ten list from years past: SWW2013”
Drawings Top Ten List from Years Past: SWW2013 http://t.co/63oTOmRAlt by Matt Lorono @SOLIDWORKS #cad