SolidWorks World 2011 will be held in San Antonio, TX, from Jan 23 to Jan 26, 2011. To highlight this new location, I’m going to give a few facts about this historic city.
- Named for Portuguese Saint Anthony of Padua.
- On average, it has three hundred days of sunshine annually and an average temperature of 70 degrees.
- Average January temperature is 62 degrees.
- More than 26 million people visit San Antonio each year.
- It is Texas’ second-largest city and the seventh largest U.S. city
- It is one of the fastest-growing cities in America.
- There were 2,808.5 persons per square mile in 2000.
- Almost 60% residents are of Hispanic or Latin heritage.
- It is site of the Battle of the Alamo in 1836.
- San Antonio Zoo is the third largest in the U.S., with over 3,500 animals including 230 endangered species.
- It is the home of the NBA’s San Antonio Spurs
- Tommy Lee Jones resides in Terrell Hills, TX, a town near San Antonio
- Robert Cade, inventor of Gatorade, was from San Antonio
- Monterrey, Mexico is a sister city
- The San Antonio Botanical Gardens and Conservatory
- Marion Koogler McNay Art Museum
- El Mercado (old Mexican marketplace)
- Aztec On The River (restored historic 1926 movie palace)
- Enchanted Springs Ranch (authentic old west 19th-century town used for westerns)
- The San Antonio Zoo
- SeaWorld San Antonio
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Buckhorn Saloon & Museum
- Casa Navarro State Historical Park
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
- Japanese Tea Gardens
- Brackenridge Park
- Tower of the Americas
I’m looking forward to having a great time in San Antonio, TX!