There are many new symbols that have been introduced in SolidWorks since 2012.
New category of Inspection Symbols:
- Inspection Box (empty)
- Inspection Box (with text)
- Eye [for those inspection points that are visual and aren’t/can’t be measured with an instrument]
In addition to new JIS Weld Symbols, these new symbols where added to Modifying Symbols:
- Rho [used with conics]
- Center of Mass
In addition to 5 new JIS weld Symbols, there are several new symbols included in other areas.
- Diamond [alternative for identification of inspection points]
New category View Symbols:
- View Rotation Clockwise (CW)
- View Rotation Counterclockwise (CCW)
- GOST Rotated View
- GOST Unfold
- Translation [including additions to the GD&T interface for compliance with ASME Y14.5-2009]