SolidWorks 2014 introduces the ability to find and use virtual sharps on the on-the-fly while creating dimensions.
- Start any dimension tool.
- Right-click on model or sketch geometry
- Choose “Find Intersection”.
- Left-click on any model or sketch geometry that intersect the first selection.
- The Virtual Sharp element is automatically added, the point is automatically applied as a selection for the dimension tool.
See the attached video below (AVI will open, not an embedded video).
On-the-fly Virtual Sharps (AVI video)