There seems to be a nearly a whole new list of items in the SolidWorks World 2013 Top Ten list this year. A pure performance request made the top of the list this year. Plus, users are asking for more version interoperability. A couple of items are already on the list for SolidWorks 2014, according the the sneak peak. Here’s the list
- Make rebuild time faster
- Full backward compatibility
- Slot mate (announced in the SolidWorks 2014 sneak peek)
- Cylindrical mates lock rotation
- eDrawings mobile app on Android(announced during Nvidia’s presentation)
- Equal spacing on linear patterns
- Default concentric mate on axis to cylindrical surface
- External thread wizard for all thread types
- Draw a line segment starting from the midpoint
- Create auxiliary line for adding angle dimensions
As a drafter, mechanical designer and CAD engineer, I've been in the mechanical design field since 1991.
For the first 8 years of my career, I was an AutoCAD professional. I utilized AutoLISP and many other AutoCAD customization features to streamline drafting activities for 6+ drafters and designers. I authored several custom functions, one of which was published in the March 1997 issue of Cadalyst Magazine.
Since 1998, I've been used SolidWorks non-stop. I've worked to utilize the SolidWorks' user environment to simplify drafting and design activities for 20+ engineers. I've created this website to provide current information about SolidWorks from a variety of contributors.
More recently, I am now employed by Dassault Systemes as SOLIDWORKS Sr. Product Definition Manager to improve drawing, annotation and MBD related areas.
View all posts by fcsuper