User Community and Beta Highlights from General Session
Tuesday General Sessions tends to focus on the user community. Richard Doyle has become a fixture on the big stage as he gives us the SolidWorks User Group Network updates. This year he announced the following awards.
- 2013 User Group of the Year is San Diego SolidWorks User Group, awarded to leaders Phil Sluder and Jim Boland
- 2013 Wayne Tiffany Group Leader of the Year is awarded to Jeff Holliday
- 2013 Michelle Pillers Community Award is awarded to Deepak Gupta
The SolidWorks Beta program for SolidWorks 2014 is the most successful yet. Here are this year’s winners for the program
- Bettina Walker, SolidWorks
- Yoshihiro Dobashi, Simulation
- Masanobu Higashino, EPDM
- Muneki Okano, Composer
- Michael Malov of SolidWorks Russia, SolidWorks
- Charley Saint of Hawkridge Systems, EPDM
- Andrey Aliamovsky of SolidWorks Russia, Simulation
- Ludmila Staroverova of SolidWorks Russia and Scott Woods of Hawkridge Systems, Composer
My Hands-on Presentation
I conducted my first Hands-on Session of this year’s conference on Tuesday evening, covering the topic of drawing views. This is a new presentation at SolidWorks World. Though the presentation is intended for beginners and novice users, by going through all of the view types, even experienced users learned something they have forgotten or missed before. Several attendees showed (by a raise of heads) they learned something new from several of the exercises throughout the presentation. I may expand the presentation to cover additional topics, such as the new Replace Model in SolidWorks 2014.