When you use angles that are set to deg/min and deg/min/sec, there are often times when you’ll have zero (0) for one of the levels of units. For example, an angle may be 43 degrees, 0 minutes and 20 seconds. This is displayed as 43° 0′ 20″. For many people, the 0 minutes is redundent and unnecessary. SOLIDWORKS 2015 now has an option that allows you to show only the unit levels that have a non-zero value. For this example, the display is 43° 20″. This new setting can found at Tools>Options>Document Properties>Dimensions/Angle, and named “Remove units with 0 value for deg/min and deg/min/sec”.
SOLIDWORKS 2015 – Year of the Angle Dimension
- Year of the Angle Dimension – Part 1 – Imaginary Rays
- Year of the Angle Dimension – Part 2 – Flipping out (and over)
- Year of the Angle Dimension – Part 3 – Goodbye Zero
- Year of the Angle Dimension (Part 4): Symmetricality
- Year of the Angle Dimension – Part 5 – Take a 180