SOLIDWORKS World 2015 in Phoenix, AZ is just over 100 days away. A tradition of SOLIDWORKS World is the Top Ten list, inwhich customers submit their ideas on how SOLIDWORKS can be improved for them, and then vote for their favorites. The top ten vote getters are announced on the mainstage at SOLIDWORKS World. It’s easy to submit ideas. You don’t have to be attending SOLIDWORKS World to submit or vote. Input from all customes is welcome. Here’s a short video.
If you have an idea, here’s somethings you can do to improve the attention your ideas gets:
- Your idea’s title should be a complete thought. For example, “Ability to change colors for sketch lines on-the-fly” is much better than “Change colors”.
- Your idea’s description can be as long or as short as you need.
- You can add images to illustrate your ideas.
- Break out separate ideas into separate submissions, even if they are related. For example, you may have several ideas on how to improve Weld Symbols, such as improving the interface, adding new symbols, and adding new controls. Although those these are all regarding the same tool, they are really three different ideas, each of which deserves to be voted upon separately by everyone.
- Quickly respond to comments posted by others on your ideas.
I also recommend commenting on other ideas you like, dislike or feel needs more clarificaiton.
Have fun with your submissions at SWW15 Top Ten List (don’t forget you’ll have to sign in to the SOLIDWORKS Forums before you can submit). And when the polls open, vote early and vote often (on as many ideas as you wish).