SolidWorks World 2013 is only a weeks away! It’s shaping up to be a great convention! The session schedule is filled with great topics. These are a small sample of what is on the schedule as of January 1, 2013 (schedule is subject to change):
- Advanced Motion Simulation Techniques in SolidWorks by Shrikant Savant. Learn about advanced simulation techniques using SolidWorks Motion, such as control design, event-based motion, exporting motion loads to SolidWorks Simulation, etc.
- Think Differently! — Multibody Techniques in SolidWorks 2013 by Alin Vargatu. See how SolidWorks 2013 adds new and spectacular tools for creating and managing multibody parts. We can even call them “game changers.” Once mastered, these multibody techniques will open up surprising possibilities for saving time and shortcuts.
- IAW ASME Y14.5 – Use It Only if You Know It by Rustin Webster and Jeremy Clark. Explore the right and wrong way of creating drawings (IAW) ASME Y14.5M. Attendees will learn fundamental drawing rules concerning view orientation and position, tolerancing, interpretation, dimensioning, accuracy, simplicity, and clarity.
- Automate Your Design with Equations by Don Van Zile III and Frank Ruepp. Get a closer look at equations. SolidWorks 2013 has significant enhancements to equations, and we will learn how these enhanced capabilities can help you to speed up and automate your design process.
- Fifteen Years of SolidWorks Tips and Tricks by Phil Sluder. Learn how to use SolidWorks 2013 in the real world in this fast-paced session of tips. These will not be found in the help file, they come from years of learning, teaching, and using the software daily in a small dynamic design environment.
- Power Surfacing by David Gill. Demonstrate how to easily create and import organic, free form surfaces in SolidWorks. Demonstrate new Sub-Division surface modeling plugin for SolidWorks.
This year’s list of categories for hands-on and breakout sessions has expanded.
- CAD Administration
- Customer Success
- Data Management
- Design Automation
- Design Communication
- Design Validation
- Modeling Essentials
- Productivity Tools
Register to attend
There’s still time to register to attend and save $100 on the Full Conference Pass with the Early Bird Special. But, the deadline is literally a day or so away, Jan 4th, 2013. Even if you miss the final Early Bird special, there’s still plenty to gain from your attendance to SolidWorks World 2013. Check out the video highlights from SolidWorks 2010, 2011 and 2012.
CAD Manager’s Boot Camp
Don’t forget you can also attend the CAD Manager’s Boot Camp to explore a wide range of topics and issues to help you effectively deploy and manage SolidWorks software to learn methodologies to reduce the total cost of ownership and maximize your investment in SolidWorks software. (Pre-registration required; first come, first served.)
SolidWorks World 2013 Top Ten Ideas
If you are current on your subscription, there is still time to have your say by voting for SolidWorks World 2013 Top Ten Ideas. Login to the SolidWorks Forum and goto the Ideas tab of the SolidWorks World 2013 and the Top Ten area.
As a matter of a discloser reminder, the author of this article is a DS SolidWorks employee, though this article does not represent an official work of DS SolidWorks nor was it reviewed by DS SolidWorks. Please note the FTC 16 CRF Part 255 notice in the right menu of this website for further details.