Section View Assist automatically comes up when you start the Section View tool without preselecting a sketch. Section View Assist allows you to create very complex section views very quickly. It also allows you to make the simplist section views faster than before, without the need to draw sketches on your drawing view. Included in the new tool is the ability to shortcut the creation of simple section views even more!
If you do not use more complex section view cutting lines very often, you can by-pass the Section View Pop-up by checking the “Auto-start section view” setting. This will allow you to place the cutting line and then immediately place your section view. The setting is sticky, so you wouldn’t need to choose it again. If many cases, you can create your section views with just two quick mouse clicks.
New in SolidWorks 2013
- SolidWorks 2013 What’s New: Section View Assist
- New in SolidWorks 2013: Hide Section View Cutting Lines (not found in What’s New)
- What’s New in SolidWorks 2013: Orientation dialog and View Selector
- Sometimes it’s the little things or Freedom to zoom around (New in SolidWorks 2013)
- What’s News in SolidWorks 2013: Revision Clouds
- Revision Clouds: What else is new ( Tip/Trick )
- Sometimes it’s the little new things (~part II) in SolidWorks 2013: Watermarking
- What’s New in SolidWorks 2013: Intersect (Wow!)
- What’s New in SolidWorks 2013: New capabilities of Exploded Views
- What’s New in SolidWorks 2013: Section View Assist – Part 1
- What’s New in SolidWorks 2013: Section View Assist Part 2 – Shortcutting cutting line creation
- New in SolidWorks 2013 – Enhanced Section View Interface – Adding offsets