There are many new symbols that have been introduced in SolidWorks since 2012.
New category of Inspection Symbols:
- Inspection Box (empty)
- Inspection Box (with text)
- Eye [for those inspection points that are visual and aren’t/can’t be measured with an instrument]
In addition to new JIS Weld Symbols, these new symbols where added to Modifying Symbols:
- Rho [used with conics]
- Center of Mass
In addition to 5 new JIS weld Symbols, there are several new symbols included in other areas.
- Diamond [alternative for identification of inspection points]
New category View Symbols:
- View Rotation Clockwise (CW)
- View Rotation Counterclockwise (CCW)
- GOST Rotated View
- GOST Unfold
- Translation [including additions to the GD&T interface for compliance with ASME Y14.5-2009]
As a drafter, mechanical designer and CAD engineer, I've been in the mechanical design field since 1991.
For the first 8 years of my career, I was an AutoCAD professional. I utilized AutoLISP and many other AutoCAD customization features to streamline drafting activities for 6+ drafters and designers. I authored several custom functions, one of which was published in the March 1997 issue of Cadalyst Magazine.
Since 1998, I've been used SolidWorks non-stop. I've worked to utilize the SolidWorks' user environment to simplify drafting and design activities for 20+ engineers. I've created this website to provide current information about SolidWorks from a variety of contributors.
More recently, I am now employed by Dassault Systemes as SOLIDWORKS Sr. Product Definition Manager to improve drawing, annotation and MBD related areas.
View all posts by fcsuper
One thought on “New stuff in SolidWorks 2014 (not mentioned in “What’s New”): Symbols”