SolidWorks 2014 introduces the ability to find and use virtual sharps on the on-the-fly while creating dimensions.
- Start any dimension tool.
- Right-click on model or sketch geometry
- Choose “Find Intersection”.
- Left-click on any model or sketch geometry that intersect the first selection.
- The Virtual Sharp element is automatically added, the point is automatically applied as a selection for the dimension tool.
See the attached video below (AVI will open, not an embedded video).
On-the-fly Virtual Sharps (AVI video)
As a drafter, mechanical designer and CAD engineer, I've been in the mechanical design field since 1991.
For the first 8 years of my career, I was an AutoCAD professional. I utilized AutoLISP and many other AutoCAD customization features to streamline drafting activities for 6+ drafters and designers. I authored several custom functions, one of which was published in the March 1997 issue of Cadalyst Magazine.
Since 1998, I've been used SolidWorks non-stop. I've worked to utilize the SolidWorks' user environment to simplify drafting and design activities for 20+ engineers. I've created this website to provide current information about SolidWorks from a variety of contributors.
More recently, I am now employed by Dassault Systemes as SOLIDWORKS Sr. Product Definition Manager to improve drawing, annotation and MBD related areas.
View all posts by fcsuper